1.10.11

An Affair (Plus Four) to Remember

Kristen Tenney is a great influence on me.  Below is an example of said influence.
Junior year of high school, Kristen and I realized that since we were such good friends, it would be cool if we were related to each other someday.  Unfortunately, her brother is six years younger than I am, and my brother is 11 years younger than she is.  Therefore, not wanting to rob the cradle, marrying the other one's brother was not an option.  But, never fear, we came up with a new plan!  She will have 5 boys, and I will have 5 girls.  But I will start having my girls two years after Kristen starts having her boys, and we will be next-door neighbors, and our children will be childhood sweethearts and wed each other.  Then the idea of deciding on names for our children (to make sure they sound cute together) was concocted.  We started thinking of couples whose names go well together.  This is what children we are at heart:  the names we thought of were Pocahontas/John-Smith (you can't have his first name be John and his middle name be Smith because when the teacher calls roll, she will just say, "John?"  And he will say, "It's John Smith."  And she will not believe him, and John-Smith will be depressed. But don't worry, the hyphen is silent.), Aurora/Prince-Phillip (again, the hyphen is silent), Belle/The-Beast (you get the idea), Cinderella/Prince-Charming, and Ariel/Prince-Eric.  What great lives we had planned!
Well, last Thursday I had a lovely chat with my love, Kristen, again.  We were reminiscing this lovely lunch experience, when I told Kristen that we needed to change a few things about our plans.  First, I told her that I decided I wanted a boy, twin girls, a boy, another boy, and then a girl.  That way she could have some girls. It's only fair. So she would have a girl, twin boys, a girl, another girl, and then a boy.  She said, "You're making me have twin boys?"
I said, "That's the idea!"
She then realized that we needed to figure out more names.  We were now having six kids, but we only had five names.  She said she wanted Rapunzel.  Which would leave me with Eugene.  I told her if I have to have a Eugene in exchange for her having twin boys, this should make things fair.  Then we remembered all of the other boys had hyphens.  I had to have a Eugene-Fitzherbert.  Now it was fair.
More names were discussed, and we wound up having Pocahontas/John-Smith, Aurora/Prince-Phillip, Ariel/Prince-Eric, Tiana/Prince-Naveen, Cinderella/Prince-Charming, Jasmine/Aladdin, Belle/The-Beast, Mulan/Shang, Odette/Prince-Derek, Thumbelina/Prince-Cornelius, Giselle/Robert, Meg/Hercules, Snow-White/Prince-Charming (it might be confusing having two Prince-Charmings, but don't you think that's the least of our concerns at this point?), Anastasia/Dimitri, and Sam-Sparks/Flint-Lockwood.  That's right; we are having 15 children.  Each.
Greeting all of her siblings

Another girl

Proof that Thumbelina and Prince-Cornelius are MFEO

Here is one of our girls

1 of our girls
She looks just like me!

 
7 (almost half) of our girls

Pocahontas

Odette
































































But who wants to be pregnant 15 times? Not me. Being pregnant five times would be much nicer...  Wait!  15 divided by 3 is 5!! Oh yes!! If we have 5 sets of triplets, life will be much simpler.
As if that is not cool enough.  Oh, no.  Then we thought it would be cool if each specific child was the nationality correlated with his/her name.  We will need a Native American for Pocahontas, a guy who works at Sea World for Ariel, an African for Tiana, a Brazilian for Prince-Naveen, an Arab for Jasamine, an Arab for Aladdin, a vet for The-Beast, a Chinese guy for Mulan, and another one for Shang.  Basically, we each have to have at least 5 affairs.  No big deal.
Hopefully our future husbands don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment